Thursday, April 07, 2005

update

Listening to: Centre Stage At Dizzy's.

JazzPlayer plays the piano in every single one of the songs because he's a fixture at Dizzy's. He'd been raving on about Alison Wedding, saying he'd been recording at the ABC studios, and well, I wanted to hear him play on record.

He's extremely talented I have to say, and Alison Wedding as every bit as good as he said she was.

Reading: American Psycho

This book traumatises me. And I haven't gotten halfway through it yet. I used to wonder why it was the only book I know of wrapped in plastic cello with an R-rating. Now I do.

I laughed off the warning at first. "The last time someone said that to me, I was underwhelmed" (I was referring to Irvine Welsh's Marabou Stork Nightmares). This is far worse.

I felt sick just reading it. and I honestly can't read more than a few chapters at a time because it's (as the friend who lent it to me said) "a harrowing experience".

Now, I really wanna see the movie.

Also, this has totally changed my mind about Bret Easton Ellis. I hated Glamorama with a passion. I decided not to read Rules of Attraction. Maybe I will now.

Somehow, the fake plasticity of it all seems so much better in American Psycho.

ALSO READING: too many textbooks. my heaaaaad.....my heaaaaaad......my friggin heeaaaaaadddddddd........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home