Tuesday, April 19, 2005

songs I didn't know I had

I've been on a hunt for Bent ft. Zoe Johnston- Swollen for ages now, and I find it right at home in one of my absolute favourite CDs ever- MOS Chillout Sessions 2. As soon as Chillout Sessions 3 comes out I'm jumping all over it so fast it won't know it was even released yet.

Anyway, it's NOT the remix I want. It's amazing what a remix can do for a song. Word up to all the producers out there. The difference between mediocore and brilliant lies in the production.

(It's not like we need to try, but if you really want to sample some really different renditions of songs- all brilliant inceptions in these cases, though it doesn't mean I personally like all versions)

Here's a list:

Comfortably Numb- Pink Flloyd vs Scissor Sisters
Fell In Love with a Boy- White Stripes vs Joss Stone
Heaven- Bryan Adams vs DJ Sammy's Candleslight remix vs the normal remix
Hit Me Baby One More Time- Britney vs Travis vs the gajillion other acts
I Will Survive- Gloria Gaynor vs Cake
Fields of Gold- Etta James vs Sting
The enitre Moulin Rogue Soundtrack Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit, Sting's Roxanne Tango Style and Madonna's Like A Virgin being the most notable. In that order.
Perhaps, Perhaps Perhaps- Julie London vs Nat King Cole vs Cake

I could go on, but that's just off the top of my head.
Not to mention all them R&B people, or remakes of Beatles and Frank Sinatra/Louis Armstrong songs.

Listening to: Zoe Johnston permeating my being with her alluring smoky-but-not-jazz-or-soul-ish siren-voice on Sunday Session with Weekender

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home