Monday, April 25, 2005

Profile

Occupation: Part-time student, part-time procrastinator, full-time juggler

I realise more and more that I am not addicted to work (although some will say I am), but I'm addicted to juggling.

The way I heap things onto my packed schedules, trying to fit everyone and everything in. I want to study, I want to work, I want to keep a social life. And in between all that I want time on my own.

Plenty of people do it and do it surpassingly well. In fact, I suspect my course is populated by a legion of excellent multi-taskers. Most of us are full-time students, some with full-time jobs. Many with part-time jobs.

People flit from Sydney and back in a day, then drive up to the country for the weekend, all the while managing their deadlines for school. Some manage long hours in the lab after work, meet for group meetings over lunchbreaks, and then go home to the wife and kids.

But I've come to realise there is multi-tasking, and then there is multi-tasking.

And I seem to be an avid follower of multi-tasking so much that I'm heaping onto my already full plate that it's a balancing act to try and keep it all on.

But there's so little time and so much to do! and I really want to go to Sydney for the weekend so that I can get the experience and the contacts.

AND since I've got a dinner date with old friends on Fri (when I originally intended to leave) and it is cheaper to fly on Saturday, why not fit dinner on Friday, fly Saturday and be back Tuesday late afternoon, which gives me a few hours to prepare for class on Wednesday, a presentation on Thursday (which I intend to finish tonight) and a paper for the Friday after? (and maybe squeeze in work on Saturday and Sunday)

And I should also ring my guardians to check what to get for Mother's Day. hmmm. to-do list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home