Monday, June 20, 2005

Closing time - time for you to go out, go out into the world.
Closing time - turn the lights up over every boy and every girl.
Closing time - one last call for alcohol, so finish your whiskey or beer.
Closing time - you don't have to go home but you can't stay here.

Drink up, drink up. It's time to go. Go out into the world. Step outside the frail paper door and into the realm of reality

I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
Take me home...

These past 8 and half years are a dream. I am closing in. Closing into a little tea ball. Turning into a grey tea ball.

from chotda @ flickr, blog at scentofgreenbananas

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or you sisters
come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

and yet where I am from is hardly where I am now.

Yeah, I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
Take me home...

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from...

I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
Take me home...

I want home to take me in. and yet I feel the beginnings of wanderlust again. My nomadic ways seem to crave a base from which to roam, and yet it can't decide on where to base in the first place.

Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...

and as I draw the screen on this end, I realise I understand that it's fate. That there are bigger and better things waiting. New countries to call home- for a little while. Things to do, places to travel, the bitter yet sweet tang of life to sample.

Everyone fears change, and in my world, the change is stagnancy. Regression. No more change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home